Too often we face a bunch of images with Chinese names , which sometimes is frustrating because Chinese names are not recognizable by most servers. One simple way to deal with this problem is to batch rename these images into English names with simple shell script. Here is one possible shell script.
1 2 3 4 5
Running this script, I found out some strange phenomena: part of the images can be successfully renamed, while the others collapse into infinite loops. I suspect that it might be the inability of this script to handle special Chinese characters, as shown below
I finally found a perfect solution to this problem with python script.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Yes, it is simple, but it works! HAHA.